Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brain Surgeries #3-14

Ok wow I truely wanted to post about all of my experiences with each surgery but I can not for the life of me remember every one. So I'm going to just start off with #14.
The date was June 28, 2010 and I went in for my 14th brain surgery; these surgeries have become so routine that my family and myself probably pay less attention to them than some people do a root canal. Steve had work and we couldn't afford for him to take it off, with having surgery and the costs that go with it and losing income on top of that. So one of my very good friends Chey went up with me on Sunday night we got our hotel room then decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner. I remember that I got some kind of seafood pasta meal but that's about it. It was a nice time (girl time) ya know, I don't get many of those anymore so I appreciated every minute of it. When we finished we went back to our room and Chey put some fun acrylic on my toes. It's kinda strange but for whatever reason when I have surgery I want my toes to be cute so I can focus on ONE cute thing considering my head was going to be half shaved and all the tubes in and out of my body a girl has to feel somewhat pretty (hehe)
I had Chey go up with me so she could drive my car back home so when Steve needed to come pick me up he had the car.
Yes I was nervous, it never gets un-nerve racking. I asked Chey if she could stay long enough until I got out of surgery and she said yes (whew) To be completely honest the reason I want someone there when I come out is because I don't want to be completely alone if I were to die, how sad and embarrassing to think noone would be there. Really who wants to die alone? You might think that is selfish and kinda twisted of me but it is what it is. When I woke up Chey showed me my new cute Victoria Secret joggers she got me, again something to feel pretty (blushing) we talked for a second, about what I'm not sure; probably about what she was going to do with the car and stuff. And she was off. I was taken up to my teeny tiny room where I would spend the next 5 days without any company but Facebook. It did keep me entertained and caught up on things while I was out. People were super sweet I had a lot of "get well's" and "how are you doing's" So between Facebook, the telephone and my nurses I wasn't alone. I do remember that I was in A LOT of pain and that sucked, well it always sucks to be in pain. Steve came up on Thursday because I knew I was being released on Friday, when he got there he visited with me and probably brought me some kind of gift, he always does; then I sent him on his way to the hotel. He stayed at a hotel this time but usually stays in the room with me. I insisted he stay at the hotel because he had been working hard and deserved a good rest. We left the hospital the next day and I made Steve take me to the mall to get a couple of Twilight shirts I had seen before I went in for Darcie and I to wear to Eclipse. I wanted to bring her back a surprise because she waited for me to see it when she could've went without me (so sweet) Kanarraville celebrated the 4th of July on the 3rd because it was on a Saturday so I had BIG plans to go to the 4th of July events and surprise my kids. So I got home late on July 2nd and got to sleep, I woke in a lot of pain so I missed the parade which I was disappointed because my kids were in the parade but I was able to make it a little later after my meds had kicked in. It was a fun day, although I wasn't the most comfortable and then we had the dance that night. In Kanarra the town rents a D.J. and those big blow-up things for the kids to jump on and slide down etc and it's free! So we went to the traditional night in the park to have some CRAZY fun! There is a large cement dance floor and a stage as well. The DJ sets up on the stage and the dance floor is for obviously to dance. Every year I get up and dance, I HAVE to it's just a family thing.....we LOVE to dance!!! So this year was NO exception, because I just had surgery I obviously couldn't move very well so I told my sister that she had to do the moves that I wanted to do, she was a good sport. I just stepped side to side and Darcie got giggy wid it LOL! My family was a little worried about me dancing but I was careful. Not at all like another year after surgery and I tried to do the limbo....yes not smart at all. The sad part is on my way down I took a little boy too, poor kid didn't deserve that but was okay, a little shook up but ok.
After about 10 pm we decided to head home. We took the kids with us because I missed them so much while my mom had them and Steve didn't have to work until Mon. I will stop here and write more later because I'm having a hard time seperating my surgeries and I'm not quite sure what happened next. OH this was my 13th surgery!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment