Saturday, September 3, 2011

Orem Rehab & Nursing

First of all I want to say that my parents came up to Provo and drove around to many different rehabs and chose Orem because it seemed really nice and they had recently won "Best of Utah Rehab" or something of that sort.
When the Rehab transported me from UVH to Orem Rehab & Nursing I remember being wheeled in and thinking 'the decor is cute, I can stay here for a couple of days' lol who would think that the stinkin decor would be the focal point??? LOL. When I got there I remember having to sign a bunch of paperwork which is not easy when you CAN'T WRITE grrr. But I got it done somehow. My room was pretty cute, it had black furniture which I lovvvve and a T.V. and an armoire (sp?) and there was a cute little welcome package that was balloons tied to a bag of little shampoo, conditioner & lotion. And it was lime green SOOOO cute!! The had a calendar of events on the wall that I could take part in if I had liked to but I was SO tired. Strokes drrrain you! I had to have at least TWO 2-3 hour naps a day and still go to sleep around 8:00. They brought all of my meals to my room which was nice. They would wake me up around 8 every morning with a menu that I could choose from for breakfast; although because half of my tongue was/is numb nothing tasted good so I didn't eat. Well until my mom found out and then I had direct orders to eat a couple of small bites of everything to at least get my strength so I did what I was told. Lunch came around 1 every day and I DID NOT eat it and WOULD NOT the meat looked like it came straight from a can of dog food (not exaggerating)I did eat the roll which was wheat and drank my water so I felt like I was doing what I was told... lol Dinner was about the same N-A-S-T-YYYYYY! So I ate my roll and called it good.
I can't remember exactly when I started my physical therapy but everyday after breakfast a cute girl would come and get me; help me get ready/dressed or whatever I needed. Then she would push me down to the gym in my wheelchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment